Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Why We Ride

An email arrived today that I wanted to share. This is why we ride.

Good Morning,

My name is L_____ M_____ and I have luckily tripped across your fundraiser as I was doing research late one night. My beautiful 5 yr old daughter, has recently been diagnosed with Eosinophilic Granuloma/Histiocytosis and just finished her first round of radiation after 2 vertebra collapsed. She is multi-focal, with lesions in other parts of her skeletal system, but doing well with the help of an amazing doctor. I am finding out that there is so much that we don’t know about this disease and because of that her future will be full of tests and treatment. And yet we feel like the lucky ones- there are many other children out there fighting this same disease with much tougher situations. What a wonderful thing you and your organization are doing to help them!! Thank you so very much!


I have always wanted to ride the Seattle to Portland ride- but as a mother of 6- I haven’t figured out the training schedule yet. So this ride is not an option for me - but I am wondering if you are looking for volunteers. I have a large family and many friends who would love to help support if there are things we could help with on this end. If nothing else- I would love to bring my family to the UW to welcome you in.

But again, thank you so much for the insight, the planning and the vision! We are so grateful!

Much gratitude,

L.M.

No comments: